1. CHEF WINSTON’S ASIAN-FUSION CANAPES MENU EXAMPLE:
- Marinated kingfish ceviche, raw coconut, coriander, lime
- Asian style prawn cocktails, Australian local prawns, smoked aioli
- Lamb cutlets, greek tzatziki dressing, baby parsley
- Sweet potato, goat cheese, cranberry jam, caramelized walnuts
- Confit heirloom tomatoes, smoked cheese, squid ink waffle
- Japanese matcha pannacotta, seasonal fresh berries
2. CHEF ROBERT’S MEDITERRANEAN EXAMPLE CANAPES MENU:
- Sydney rock oysters, ponzu, shallots (GF, DF)
- Wagyu beef striploin, enoki mushroom, ginger, coriander (GF, DF)
- Prosciutto Di Parma, balsamic fig, mascarpone, almond wafer (GF)
- Smoked duck breast, apricots and flowers (GF, DF)
- Salmon, cream cheese, puffs
- Chocolate tube, strawberry mousse, mint
3. CHEF SAILESH’S MODERN AUSTRALIAN EXAMPLE CANAPES MENU:
- Pork belly slider, pickled fennel slaw (DF)
- Gin cured salmon, blini, dill, cream cheese
- Moroccan lamb ribs, yoghurt dressing (GF)
- Caramelised onion shell, triple brie (V)
- Avocado, feta mousse, crostini (V)
- Lemon curd, tart, raspberry powder, merengue (V)
Secure your booking by paying in full with Foodnote.Plus. Following the payment, you will promptly receive an email from Foodnote.Plus containing your booking confirmation along with the particulars of our redemption and refund policies.
Subsequently, CHEFIN will reach out to you in a timely manner to finalize the details of your order. Please be prepared to provide your order number for verification purposes during this correspondence.
Note: FoodNote Plus exclusively assumes responsibility for ticketing, while all other obligations and interpretations remain within the purview of Chefin.
CAN I CHOOSE MY MENU ITEMS FROM A PRE-SET SELECTION OF MENUS?
Your private chef will custom tailor a menu for you when your booking is confirmed. We are 100% certain you will love your menu or we will return your money-back guarantee! Our Chefs LOVE to create dishes and every menu they construct is fully exclusive for your taste buds.
CAN I SELECT A SPECIFIC PRIVATE CHEF FOR MY EVENT?
Once a booking has been secured & confirmed our sophisticated algorithm will take your preferences & match these with the available Chefs in your area. You will be presented a choice of Chefs, though during busy periods/last minute bookings you will be assigned a Chef to work with.
HOW DOES BOOKING A PRIVATE CHEF WORK?
Once you book online with us you’ll receive a Booking Confirmation email with your order details & the next steps. You will need to fill in your dietaries, food preferences & desires and an algorithm will then identify and match you with the best-suited Chef who will tailor a menu for you.
DO YOU HAVE CHEFS AVAILABLE TO COOK FOR MY EVENT?
As a platform with more than 250 available Chefs across Australia, we always have availability – or your money back guarantee! Our team works relentlessly to ensure we have the largest selection of Private Chefs across the country and are able to fulfil every single guest’s request.
WHAT DO I NEED TO PREPARE FOR MY EVENT?
You need to prepare a space in your fridge (1-2 shelves), clear your kitchen bench and introduce the Chef to the kitchen & dining areas. Depending on your booking you will need to prepare crockery/glassware/cutlery & set the table if no wait staff are included in your event booking.
WHAT TIME DOES THE CHEF ARRIVE ON THE DAY?
Your private chef will arrive 1.5 hours beforehand with all ingredients, and begin preparing your dishes. Waitstaff arrive separately. The team will take care of all the food and drinks (as advised). After the event is over, the team will clean the kitchen and event area before leaving you to bask in the afterglow of a wonderful event.
These bite-sized morsels are a type of finger food that’s often prepared over a small piece of bread, pastry, or cracker. Canapés are a type of hors d’oeuvre or appetiser that is designed to be eaten quickly, neatly, and in one bite. For that reason, they’re often served to guests who are standing or mingling around a room or venue.
Traditionally, canapés are composed of a base (made of bread, crackers, pastry, or pancake), a spread, a main item, and a garnish. They can be made in both sweet or savoury flavours and come in endless varieties, with various toppings, spreads, and bases used to provide different results. Our chefs create gourmet canapés that showcase their own signature cooking styles and favourite flavours and ingredients.
WHEN SHOULD I ORDER CANAPÉS?
A more appropriate question would be, when shouldn’t you order canapés? Canapés make every event a success, whether it’s a cocktail party, book club, workshop, meeting, casual get-together, dinner party, or seminar. Order canapés when you want a small but gourmet snack that will entice your guests and keep hunger at bay at your event.
WHY SHOULD I ORDER CANAPÉS FOR MY EVENT?
Wondering why you should get catered canapés? Here are some ways that canapés will be a hit at your event:
- They provide entertainment. Canapés provide a form of entertainment for your taste buds. When an event starts to feel a little too long, or a guest has spent too much time standing on their own, canapés provide a welcome distraction in a tasty little morsel.
- They’re great for socialising. Canapés allow people to mix and mingle and socialise at an event while still enjoying a little nibble on some food. They also provide a talking point for guests who don’t know one another. This is why they’re especially handy during stand-up receptions, gatherings, and events. And because they’re designed to be eaten while standing up, with the fingers, they’re not messy or awkward to eat at fancy events.
- They’re great to pair with alcohol. Canapés are a great companion when sipping on alcohol and allow people to consume a few drinks without worrying about drinking on an empty stomach.
- They’re sophisticated. Let’s be honest, canapés do exude a certain air of luxury and sophistication. Canapés show your guests that you’ve considered their appetite and provided small snacks to keep them satisfied throughout your event.
The term canapé is French for ‘sofa’, referring to the toppings which are draped over the finger food as one drapes themselves on a sofa. They became popular in the late 1900s, first-served to make use of stale bread that was thinly sliced and toasted before topping with ingredients. Over time, the word canapé came to refer to any small bite-sized finger food, regardless of the base used.
During the American prohibition era, secret bars called speakeasies began to pop up in place of the pubs being shut down around the country. Most speakeasies were located in people’s homes and basements, and as they were highly illegal, people had to be sure to leave the venue without looking inebriated. To stop speakeasies from drawing too much attention, guests were served canapés alongside their alcohol to ensure they maintained a level of sobriety. These canapés were easy-to-eat and could be consumed with one hand while the other handheld a drink of alcohol.
Around the same time, private cocktail parties were gaining in popularity and often were accompanied by a range of canapés for the same reason. While prohibition has come and gone, canapés remained a staple of events where people mixed and socialised. Today, they live on as a delicacy served at events, celebrations, and receptions all over the world.